Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 10.05.2016, 10:57   #45
Свой человек

Благодарностей от вас: 11
Вас поблагодарили 5 раз(-а) в 5 сообщении(-ях)
Письмецо о получение гражданства из рассылки ориентированной на обитателей ЦВ (Центра Вселенной), может кому окажется полезно. К упомянутому в конце адвокату я никакого отношения не имею, в жизни с ним не общался, и соображений о качестве его услуг не имею. А вот по цене - подозреваю, что он может быть слегка развращен деньгами штатовцев.
=============================================
This week I had the pleasure to sit dow​​​​​​n with a friend of mine, Mike Grimm, who happens to be from my howntown, Cleveland, Ohio who has lived in Cuenca, Ecuador about 5 years now and just got his Ecuador citizenship allowing him to get an Ecuadorian passport to go along with his American one.

He's an ex-Air Force pilot and minor-league baseball player and like me an avid Cleveland sports fan.

Here's his take on the process to get your Ecuadorian (second) citizenship and passport:

"It's run by the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores y Movilidad Humana. They make all the rules and decide the costs. The rules and costs change all of the time and what you begin with can/will change before you finish the process (several months).

If you don't speak Spanish, get a facilitator that does. There are some good ones who are not lawyers(huge fees) so check around to find ones who are local to your application city (Quito, Azogues, Cuenca and maybe Guayaquil.

You can apply three years from your cedula date.

Suggestion: Begin the process of accumulating the necessary paperwork 2-3 months ahead of your cedula date to save a lot of time. There are two laws, one for Residency and one for Naturalization. Be sure to get the right requirements. Many of us were wrongly told that the Naturalization requirements were the same as the Residency requirements. Get it right the first time or you'll get denied.

Ecuador naturalization has really been a moving target in that even once you begin with all of the correct documents, the requirements can change and you must get more documents, etc. Be prepared for change.

Costs.

I applied with all correct documents in May 2014. My costs, then, for just the naturalization process was:$700 ($200 when you applied and $500 paid upon completion). By March 2016, they changed the costs to $750 with no credit for having paid $200 earlier. So, instead of my total cost being $700, it cost me $950. These prices are as of January 2016.

The test.

Everybody takes a 30 question test, in Spanish, where the questions are taken from a master question list of 200. The test is taken at the Ministry. The study questions are available.

Language.

There are rumors that the ministry will be requiring some language proficiency. I didn't have to do more than carry on a slight conversation with the people preparing my documents after passing the test. Once again, stay tuned for changes as you go along.

Other costs that vary dependent upon your circumstances. My facilitator charges $3-400. Once approved, you need to publish your intent in a local paper. My cost was $421. Once again, there are various prices. Use your facilitator for this.

Additional costs: Air fares, taxi fares.

The ministries are setting one or two days each month for the final ceremony and presentation of your Naturalization proof. You get the original paperwork. They hold a ceremony with all of the new citizens which is quite nice. It only takes about 45 minutes where each individual is presented with their paperwork. After that everyone sings the himno nacional(chorus, second verse, chorus). And, you're done.

The Naturalization letter is then sent to the respective Registro Civil within the week. You get the cedula first and a few days later,(it varies), you get your passport at the same place.

Sounds quick, huh? There can be weeks and months between each step of the way! For example, in my case, it took 4 months for a simple signature, so be ready for delays that don't seem to make sense. Don't expect any logic.

Lastly, stay on top of your facilitator to keep after the people that need to be doing the various jobs. And, use your facilitator to get you the study materials and to keep you up to speed on any law changes. This is very important.

Questions from Dom...

I heard you were out of the country more than the alloted 90 days over the first three years before application, how'd you do it?

I gave a medical excuse with a letter from my doctor because I had back surgery.

How was the test?

Not difficult, in Spanish, 20 questions written form multiple choice, they give you a study guide beforehand.

Suggestion from Dom...

I think it took so long because you used the wrong facilitator, I'd use a lawyer I know in Quito who is excellent at anything visa related and inexpensive too charging around the prices you were charged... he handles dual citizenship requests too and told me 4-6 months is all he needs. ONLY SPANISH - Dr. Oswaldo Jurado Gonzalez 0999653798 / 02 2545300 or email him here (Spanish only)
moraym вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот участник сказал: "moraym, cпасибо за сообщение!"
Stranger (15.06.2016)